DOUBLETRE BY HILTON HOTELS (“Sponsor”)
Official Rules – Facebook and Twitter Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR AREA OF RESIDENCE ON DATE OF ENTRY. Void outside the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES and where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Any information provided is being provided to the Sponsor and not FACEBOOK or TWITTER.
How to Enter: Beginning 02 October 2014 at 12:00 am (GST) through 07 October 2014 at 23:59 pm (GST) follow the instructions to enter the competition by commenting (Facebook) or @replying to posts or tweets made by @doubletree on their Facebook or Twitter accounts. Entrants must comment or @reply on DoubleTree by Hilton’s contest posts saying who they would share the Cookie Care with, state why they deserve a stay in the United Arab Emirates, and use the official contest hashtag #CookieCare in order to be eligible. You must be a member of Facebook or Twitter to enter, and you must be following Sponsor’s Facebook or Twitter page, https://twitter.com/doubletree OR https://www.facebook.com/Doubletree. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can sign up for one here for free: https://www.facebook.com/. And if you do not have a Twitter account, you can sign up for one here for free: https://www.twitter.com/. Incomplete entries or entries that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
Winner Selection: All submissions will be compiled and judged by the DoubleTree by Hilton Brand EMEA Marketing Team and social media agency, The Digital Royalty, based on the completeness of the entry (saying who they would share the Cookie Care with, following @doubletree, and saying why they deserve a stay in the UAE ). All complete entries will be combined into a pool, with one random winner selected. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event the Sponsor receives insufficient entries, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest.
Prize: Prize: (1) one winner will receive a (5) Five-Night stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island for (2) two persons in a guest room. Includes Breakfast each night of stay for guests on reservation. The stay is valid from 2nd October 2014 to 2nd April 2015 and is subject to the availability of rooms excluding celebration days and public holidays. (Total ARV: AED 6500 (USD $1170). Potential winners will be notified by Facebook comment or Twitter @reply on or about 17 October 2014. Prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
1. ENTRIES: Limit (1) comment or @reply entry per person daily for the DoubleTree by Hilton Facebook and Twitter Contest (hereinafter referred to as the ”Promotion”). Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. OWNERSHIP. By submitting your entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will own all entries submitted by you in the Contest. Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever in and to the entry(ies) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the entry(ies) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the entry(ies) submitted by him or her. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in and to his/her entry(ies). Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any entry, or to otherwise exploit any entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the entry(ies) for any reason or no reason at all, and no entrant shall be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United Arab Emirates who are 18 years or older in their state or province of residence at time of entry. Void outside the United Arab Emirates and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have a valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Contest, entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the entrant, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. The entrant further warrants and represents that entrant has all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in any photographs, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of any photographs. The entrant must be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in comments, @replies and/or photographs, location releases for all recognizable locations and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the entry. In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable entry or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit. Entries may not feature nudity or obscene language or material that is libelous or defamatory. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entry that violates the above criteria.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in McLean, Virginia, United States where Hilton Worldwide headquarters is located (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Virginia State law, without reference to Virginia’s choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
By entering the Contest, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Hilton Worldwide, Inc. 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia, 22102.
9. Official Rules and Winners List: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or the names of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hilton Worldwide, Legendary Pictures, LLC, 4000 Warner Boulevard, Building 76, Burbank, CA 91522, Attention: Business & Legal Affairs. Requests received after November 3, 2014 will not be honored. This Contest shall be governed by the laws of state of Virginia in the United States of America and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.